Can Florida’s private rail link between Orlando and Miami possibly work? (No, no it cannot – yay free market!)
Doonesbury – April 5th, 2015. Somehow this has only gotten worse.
- Two dolphin species form alliance and have sexytimes. It’s like an oceanographic key party out there.
- ‘Why I Deleted Your Band’s Promo Email’ – via The Morning News
- Cosby’s people seem to be confusing ‘proof of criminal activity’ with ‘proof of being a sociopathic predatory skeezwad.’ What I love most about this is that there’s really no need to editorialize the statements here – they’re so plainly indefensible that only someone getting paid an insane amount of money by said skeezwad could defend them.
- The theme of this week’s news seems to be “assholes who won’t shut up.” I don’t have a link for this as I’m going back to pretending Donald Trump doesn’t exist.
- The last time I was in San Francisco I got kicked out of a bar in the mission in the early evening. As I walked down the street giggling drunkenly with friends, a lesbian couple glared at us as they were taking out their recycling. One was wearing a jeweled bindi on her forehead and a look of utter disgust on her emaciated, presumably vegan face. I have never felt more despised and cared less about it. Anyway San Francisco is where good ideas go to die and is more than a little fucked.
- In closing I worked real real hard on this mix and you should listen to it, dammit.
Because Lana Del Ray is still a sorta sad about … things.
- No one seems in the least bit concerned that they’re creating giant electrical death towers in London
- Please look at the late, great Omar Sharif’s 1968 GQ cover and note how you will never look this good in a brown plaid suit nor have as amazing a mustache.
- 5 shallow anti-bike arguments that need to be retired
- ‘Black Vernacular’ architecture influencing designs of museums in DC and New York. Stoops and porches are awesome and there should always be more of them (even if “stoops and porches” is a little reductive a phrase here).
- I don’t think I want to be talked about this much when I’m 89/likely mentally incapacitated, but I don’t think Harper Lee wanted to be talked about much at all during her life? In any event this shit is cray and as usual The Onion has the only interesting take.
- On a related note we have reached peak white people problems
- I can’t believe it’s taken this long to adapt a Segway into something actually useful.
I swear I’ll have
your money content tomorrow.
I don’t want to ruin anything about the most recent Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee but Stephen Colbert quotes a Neutral Milk Hotel song at length and Jerry just can’t handle it and it’s kind of the best.
Aren’t you at least a bit curious about how Columbia House managed to sell you 8 CD’s for a penny, as told by a bunch of insiders with indie rock bonafides? You know you are. Featuring random stories about Insound, Stephen Malkamus and why Drag City won’t sell out.
Three Words That Do Not Belong Near An NBA Star: Capri Pant Suit. If you need additional words that don’t belong, let’s add double breasted and polka dot.
State stereotypes mapped courtesy of Google. Spoiler alert: Florida is weird, humid, trashy and hot.