Get Out Of Jail Free Friday Links
Did we say jail? We meant work. Go home now.
Yeah we’re over this week too.
- Silently crying in front of your wife not considered privileged marital communication. The “tell that to my WIFE” jokes write themselves here.
- A dude in India price gouged the Nebraska Department of Correction for banned drugs used in lethal injections that never actually reached Nebraska.
- If you’re going to basically be a grumpy old man and write a long article talking about how Millenials don’t know how easy they have it, maybe don’t illustrate the whole thing with shitty stick figures. Just a thought.
- Gorgeous photos of a midwestern pinball arcade in 1968.
- Tenugui are strips of cloth that were traditionally to Japan what the bandanna was to the American west – versatile, always accessible, and useful beyond just tying something up or drying your hands. As time passed, Tenugui’s prints became more complicated and their role shifted from utilitarian staple to fashion accessory. Read more about their history here.
- 54 year old Michael J. Fox looks exactly as awkward in a brightly colored puffer vest as you’d expect.
- New Yorker gets customary Oklahoman greeting – aka a fat lip from a dude in a pickup truck who then goes on to kick down a door and attack people with a bat and oh god just read this weird thing.
- Guy in your MFA, the twitter parody of the tortured genius manchild lurking in every creative writing program, interviewed.
- John Hodgman thinks Florida has gotten a bad rap; still not coming to Miami.
- The market for zero-day software exploits is exactly as cyberpunk-dystopian as you hoped/feared.
- Hurricane Patricia is now the strongest storm ever recorded and I look forward to this record being broken in like 2 weeks thanks to global warming p.s. we’re all dead.